Buy Bitcoin With Gift Cards
Do you want to buy bitcoin with gift cards? We’ve all had that unwanted gift card or the gift card with the uneven balance that is never going to be used. Well we’re going to show you how you can exchange those gift cards for bitcoin here in our btc tutorial. We will be using Paxful.com for our trade.
Paxful also offers many other types of ways to sell, buy, and exchange bitcoin. You can buy bitcoin with zelle, bitcoin with credit cards, bitcoin with bank transfers, bitcoin with money gram, bitcoin with western union, and the list goes on.
We will give tips and explain throughout the pictures to have you using Paxful like a pro in no time.
- Step 1. On Paxful.com and click the Buy Bitcoin button to get started.
- Step 2. Click the Show All button to display the different options available for buying bitcoin.
You will see many different options to pick as explained before Paxful has many ways to buy and sell btc. You will pick Gift Cards.
- Step 3. Click the Gift Cards option at the top of the new window.
- Step 4. Find and select the gift card you want to sell for btc. You may also perform a search of the gift cards. Paxful has 113 different gift card options to choose from such as Amazon, iTunes, Steam, Ebay, Macy’s, etc. Pay attention to trade rates. Gift cards aren’t as in demand as cash which usually means the carry a higher exchange rate.
- Step 5. In this section you can pick your currency and set an amount you are looking for. I suggest not adding an amount, but by all means pick a currency. You will also see the current market price of bitcoin, which is the price-rate you will be trading your gift card against.
- Step 6. In this lower section you will find btc offers. You will notice some are not available to you. This is either due to the amount they are selling or other rule the seller has set. Tip: pick a seller who has been recently been active. A seller who hasn’t been seen recently might not answer fast enough, and you will waste your time waiting (this doesn’t mean they won’t answer it is just faster.)
- Step 7. This is the offer page. Put in the amount of bitcoin you want if it is not already there and finally you can actually see how much bitcoin you will get for your gift card (this seller is asking a lot, I picked him at random.)
- Step 8. Offer terms. Read the sellers terms which you cannot see in the picture, but are below the sentence. If you agree click the BUY NOW button under Step 7. This will take you to the final page where you will actually interact with the seller.
- Step 9. Contact the seller to see if they are available. DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOU TALK TO SOMEONE. It is easy to cancel payments on Paxful (they are usually through the third party), but you don’t want to send pictures of gift cards to afk people (the pictures will stay in the instant message.) If they are not honest they can use it. By the way in case you didn’t figure it out this is the page where the magic happens. This is where you will trade your gift cards for bitcoin.
- Step 10. If you have made contact with the seller, agreed with and completed all requirements of payment… click “PAID.”
- Step 11. Wait for the seller to check your gift card and release the bitcoin. My experiences have never taken longer than 15 minutes for the seller to verify my gift card and give me my bitcoin.
That is really all there is to it when it comes to Paxful.com. It looks daunting, but they just have a lot of different selling methods, paypal, money order, check, etc.
So quick run down. Select gift cards as your buying option, find your gift card, find a seller, type in the amount of bitcoin you want, go through to selling page and contact the seller, commence trade, and receive bitcoin. That’s all for now guys.